Hey buddy!! You are growing up SO fast & we are having such a blast watching you grow. Your daddy and I are loving your toddler phase & we are beyond thankful the Lord entrusted you to us…because you are a TREASURE, Jase Butler. And I mean that.
We still pray Luke 2:52 over you every day- that you will grow in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man.
- And you are definitely growing in wisdom and stature! You weigh 35 lbs and I think you’re 3’3” (or maybe even taller now?). You wear a size 10 shoe, 3T pants & 4T shirts, 4T pjs (which are getting snug), & 5T socks. When new people meet you, they always ask you how old you are and typically guess 4 years old. They’re always shocked when I tell them you’re only 2.5.
- You are brushing your own teeth before naps and bedtime (although I go back in after to get those back ones especially). You also had your FIRST dentist appointment on 1/13, and you did pretty darn good for your first visit. You did a great job letting them clean your teeth, but got a little antsy by the end and didn’t want to lay down for the dentist to look in your mouth. They were great though! He told us it’s time to stop the thumb sucking while you sleep because you’re an aggressive sucker and it’s messing with your pallette.
- You love to tell stories & it is hilarious! You’re so animated & detailed, even though sometimes we can’t understand part of it. You love to tell Daddy all about Puggles and play dates when we get home & it always amazes me the details you can recall.
- You’ve started saying some really funny things. For example, when me and daddy are dancing you’ll hold up both of your hands and say “Stop you two. Stop being silly guys.” Or “Oh WOW! Thank you so much!” Or “Brother, mom’s going to make us a juice and it’s going to be loud. It’s okay brother, I’m right here. Don’t be scared.” Or “Ohhhhh,I see what now what you’re doing here.” We don’t even know where you get half of it but it cracks us up.
- You have started to really enjoy being read to and reading on your own. Your favorite book is about a little girl named Annie and her consequences for disobeying.
- You love to draw! (even on walls) Daddy taught you how to draw “wheels” (although they look like creepy eyeballs) so we came down to a wall full of “wheels” all over the basement one day.
We like to paint pictures for Grammy, Granddaddy, Papa, & Aunt Jade.
- I think you may be a little scared of dark and sometime have a hard time falling asleep. We got you a lantern (you acutally won it as your white elephant gift at Christmas) and it helps some. You have definitely taken shorter naps since potty training. (1 1/2-2 hours) It seems like you always have to go #2 before nap time.
(This doesn’t happen often.)
- You are doing great with potty training. You still wear a pull-up to sleep and when we are going somewhere in the car sometimes, but you rarely have an accident even if you are wearing a pull up. You will sometimes hold your hands up and say, “Mom, I gotta go pee pee. I’m gonna do it by myself, you stay right here, okay?” And sometimes you holler from the bathroom. “Helllllp! Somebody help me pull my pants up!”
- We’ve been enjoying time at the library. (Don’t worry, we actually read books.) They have some awesome “story times” at our local libraries.
- You can count backwards from 5 to 1 and pretend you’re a rocket ship.
- If we don’t understand what you’re saying, you shake your head and say “no no no no” and then repeat yourself slowly & enunciate for us.
- You still love to help me in the kitchen & you’re seriously a great helper. You help me wash produce, make juice, set the table, put away dishes, make snacks, etc.
- You really enjoy taking baths & would stay in the bathtub all night if we’d let you. When your little fingers prune up you say, “Oh no, what happened to my fingers?”
- You will wear your hat and mittens when we go outside but you don’t like wearing a jacket. (We make you anyway.)
- You love to play with your toys. You like your cars and trucks, your tools, and you love to bounce on the ball. You also like wrestling with dad and anytime we will run with you and chase you. We usually spend an hour before bed every night playing in the playroom as a family.
- You love to go on walks to see the lake and the “cows in the pasture.”
- You are such a sweet brother and so helpful. You get me toys and diapers for brother, always tell me when he’s crying, and like to help me get him out of bed or up from naps. You still talk to him in such a sweet voice and think “he’s so cute.” You tell me and Dad to “talk to him.” You randomly run up to him and give him kisses on his cheeks or forehead. I pray you two always have a super strong bond and are best friends.
- You are your daddy’s mini me and love to help him with anything/everything. He is the BEST, best, dad I have ever seen. We are truly so blessed. He is so patient, so intentional, so loving. He has high expectations & teaches you allll kinds of things.
- You were sick for about 2 weeks. It was a runny nose/cough and I ended up giving you breathing treatments for about a week. I also used a homemade vapo-rub with essential oils and coconut oil on your feet and started running a humidifier in your room.
- While you were sick, you wanted me to hold you a lot. (And I didn’t mind one bit!) Sometimes you would ask me to put brother down to hold you.
- Your favorite shows/movies are Curious George, Winnie the Pooh,& Clifford.
- Your favorite foods right now are boiled eggs, crackers with peanut butter, Ezekiel cinammon raisin toast with Greek yogurt, yogurt, green juice, chicken, tuna, fish, bread, carrots and hummus, beans, & bars. You love burritos from Moe’s. And you are such a breakfast guy! Pancakes, eggs, & bacon is your fave…just like daddy!
- You blow us away with some of the things you get, understand, imagine, and say. We LOVE watching your little mind work!!
- Sometimes I feel like you are a little teenager trapped in a 2.5 year old’s body.
- We went with Papa to Nights of Lights @ Lanier World & you had a BLAST! You especially loved the fake snow.
- We are still working on being consistent with your manners, but for the most part you do pretty well. You’re pretty good about sharing & playing with your friends.
- You enjoyed playing in the snow this year!
- You refer to yourself in third person.
- We pray with you every night. First we pray as a family, and then we let you pray for every member of our family.
- You know a few Bible verses that we’ve been working on.
- You LOVE music lately! You love to sing (really loudly sometimes) & dance. You love to play guitar & piano, and we have dance parties every night. For the last week your Daddy plays for us in your room before bed and me and you get down dancin. I hope we keep doing that for years to come and it’s something you and your siblings always remember.
- You are a rule follower & enforcer.
- You are crazy about your family!! You LOVE your grandparents, aunts, and cousins and get so excited to spend time with them. (As I clearly did not capture in this photo.) We are really blessed to have so many people who love you and spend time with you.
- I LOVE being your Mama, sweet Jase! You bring such JOY to me and to our family.