I am not a chef by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like to put quick, clean, & (hopefully) yummy meals on the table for our fam. With a toddler, an infant, and a business that all keep us busy in the best way, super elaborate meals are just out of the question right now. Here are two of Jonathan’s faves that take less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- wild caught pacific cod (can be baked from frozen) with lemon juice, a little unsalted organic butter, Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning, & ground turmeric root
- asparagus with sprayed with olive oil mister and sautéed on stove top
- sliced red pepper (raw uncooked)
- steamed broccoli florets (pink Himalayan salt)
- quinoa (follow directions on package)
- organic lean grass-fed beef patties with Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and Bragg’s nutritional yeast (grilled)
- red & yellow peppers and asparagus with Mrs. Dash table blend (also cooked on the grill)
- broccoli & carrot slaw cooked on stove top with the Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- brown rice (organic from Costco- follow cooking directions on package)
- kale salad (pre-made kit, go easy on the dressing)
I typically plan a source of lean protein like chicken or fish (although Jon LOVES a good burger, so 1-2 a month we do have red meat), a good complex carb (we also love sweet potatoes and homemade sweet potato chips), and we load up on different types of veggies. It usually makes enough for leftovers so we have lunch the next day too.