I LOVED it!!!!
I think so many times in our life we let things hold us back...fear of failure or rejection, doubts, insecurities, worrying what others will think, etc. Jonathan & I talk about this a lot. We have a lot of big dreams!!
He's been wanting to start a cabinet business for a long time now, and after lots of prayer, he FINALLY took the risk. He has an awesome hard-working, Godly, and trustworthy partner, and thankfully business is booming! I am so proud of Big Jon and excited for him because he LOVES this...it makes him so happy! I know he wishes he would have done it sooner.
I know I used to really struggle with this. I would ONLY do something if I knew I was going to be successful. I was scared to try a lot of new things out of my comfort zone...
We have both tried to start being more bold in our lives. It takes a LOT of hard work and dedication. We both believe if you work hard and are generous givers, the Lord will bless that, and He definitely has in our lives. We are truly so thankful for the opportunities the Lord has given us and show our appreciation in that by busting tail...and sometimes that takes sacrifice, doing things when I don't want to or don't feel like it, pursuing our goals relentlessly, and never making excuses, blaming others, or quitting.
"Hard work brings prosperity; playing around brings poverty." -Proverbs 28:19
When we make up our mind about something....that's it. We WILL make it happen.
I wanted to share a few of the quotes from the book that really spoke to me that I thought might encourage you too....to LET GO of whatever is holding you back!
- My FAVE: Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- Pay more attention to the things that are working positively in your life than those that are giving you trouble.
- If you let other people stop you, they will.
- The person who gets ahead is the one who does more than necessary and keeps doing it.
- We don't need more strength, ability, or greater opportunity- we need to use what we have.
- It is more important to learn from your successes than your mistakes.
- Learn to expect unjust criticism for your goals and accomplishments.
- The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
- The devil's strategy to hinder out momentum: distractions to take our focus off God's plans.
- It is not success that God rewards but faithfulness in doing His Will. Be persevering- it may be the last key on the ring that opens the door. Become famous for finishing important, difficult tasks.
- The road to success runs uphill, so don't expect to break any speed records. Impatience is costly. Your greatest mistakes will happen because of impatience.
- Opportunity can be missed if you're broadcasting when you should be tuning in. (Listen more than you talk,)
- See success where others see failure and do things before they need to be done (don't procrastinate).
- Most people could learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying and defending them.
- Excuses are tools a person without purpose or vision uses to build a monument of emptiness.
- When you become good at making excuses, you won't be good at anything else.
- The word "can't" really means you won't try.
- Excuses always replace progress.
- Productive and successful people are good at asking questions.
- Both enthusiasm and pessimism are contagious. How much of each do you spread?
- The starting point of all accomplishment is desire. A small amount of fire brings a small amount of heat- be passionate.
- Be sure to keep busy doing what's right so Satan will always find you occupied. (An idle mind is the devil's playground.)
- We are the weakest when we try to get something for nothing.
- The devil's #1 hope is not for an active sinner, but an inactive Christian.
- One of the marks of true greatness is the ability to develop greatness in others.
- True friends don't sympathize with your weakness- they summon your strength.
- Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that. (Mark Twain)
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself.
- Start every task thinking how to do it better than it's ever been done before.
- When we pray, we must simultaneously be willing to take the action God requires as answer to our prayers.
- The highest purpose of faith and prayer is not to change your circumstances, but to change you. Pray to do the will of God in ever situation.