- Plan, plan, plan. Plan meals, grocery lists, & take clean foods with you everywhere you go!
- Eat smaller meals, and eat more often. You should be consuming 200-300 calories every three hours or so....this will help keep your blood sugar stabilized and keep you from overeating. (Do NOT skip meals!)
- Water is KEY! Do yourself a favor and DRINK MORE WATER. Hydration is essential in flushing toxins, proper organ function, and aids in digestion. It helps you feel more full and keeps your skin, nails, and hair healthy.
- EAT BREAKFAST!! A clean, healthy breakfast with a combo of lean protein and complex carbs.
- Avoid: white carbohydrates white past, bread, rice, etc.), preservatives, sugar, saturated and trans fats, and soda. Anything processed (man made, in a bag, box, or package) is not nearly as good for you as whole, natural foods.
- Surf the web for clean eating recipes.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Clean Eating Tips
Here we go....the post you've been waiting for! Haha....I know, I know. People probably roll their eyes now every time I mention "clean eating," but it is really is SO beneficial. Most people want to take care of their body, but think it's too hard, complicated, expensive, or time consuming. That is not true, and regardless, it is WORTH the benefits. I heard a quote the other day that I just loved... "Twenty years from now you're more likely to regret the thinks you didn't do than the things you did do"....So take care of yourself! You'll be thankful to have your health down the road. Ask anyone who has had a heart attack or heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, etc. It IS worth it, friends.
Posted by *Butler, Party of 4*