Thursday, October 28, 2010

Honeymoon: Day 2

We woke up around 7:30 on day 2 (Our bodies are accustomed to waking up at 5:30 and 6:30 every day).  We ate breakfast at Bahama Bay, where we ended up becoming regulars. 
We had so much good food.....french toast, chocolate chip pancakes & fruit.  We laid by the pool most of the day. 
 By the way, resorts have the best places to lay out.  The chairs are actually comfortable. 

 We did take a short walk on the beach as well.  Had to burn off some of those carbs from breakfast...
 We came in around 4:30 because Jon was getting major burnt. *Not exactly sure why he gets so burnt.  He informed me very early on in our relationship he's part "Indian" (as in Native American- Cherokee) but manages to fry almost every time we go outside.  haha.  ANYWAY, normally I pack all of our bathroom stuff, including sunscreen, but I didn't this time.  I only brought "Faces" sunscreen and decided to use oil with an SPF for myself.  (It's my honeymoon, might as well soak up the skin cancer one more time!)  Needless to say, Jonathan was without sunscreen, so we had to buy some from the resort gift shop.  I almost passed out in the floor when I found out it was $18 for a normal bottle of sunscreen that costs about $6 at Wal-Mart. 

After buying the luxury sunscreen, we headed back to the room and took a long nap (I know, shocker!).

We got ready for dinner around 6:30 & headed back to the Italian restaurant to try something else from the menu.  Check out some of our nightly "on our way to dinner" pics.
The pool looked awesome at night, especially when they lit the fires around the property.  We planned to get in the pool or hot tub at least one night, but somehoe ended up back in the room by 10 every night.  Honeymooners. :)  I don't really liek extreme water temperatures anyway, so I was okay with that.
   One thing we have learned about the Bahemian lifestyle after a few trips there- they take their tiiiiiiime with everything.  It was nice to have a long, slow meal and actually enjoy dinner & some good conversation.
 Jon had the beef medallions I had the night before, and I ate spaghetti with shrimp.  Then off to dessert!  My favorite part....yum!
We headed back to the room and were in bed by 9:30.  I know, we party like rockstars, right?  It was AWESOME to us that we didn't have a schedule, could sleep in, take naps, and go to bed early.  We are normally two of the busiest people I know, so we really appreciated our slow, quiet, peaceful week.  Ready for day 3!


Amanda Jones said...

Wow this place looks amazing.  Hardy and I looked at doing a Sandals honeymoon but we couldn't afford it so we did a cruise instead as well as a quick pit-stop at Disney.  But it appears to have been totally worth it :)

Anonymous said...

omg danielle yall honeymooon pics are sooooo pretty!!!what a nice place to go on a honeymoon at. gosh im so jelous!!! i wanna get married just so i can go on an honeymoon just lyk yours!!! lol jk :)

-amazing que